The Adventures of Square
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
The brilliant Doctor Octagon has been kidnapped! Square must find him, and rescue him from the clutches of the Circle of Evil, a mysterious cult hellbent on the domination of Shape Land. He will square off against terrible monsters and impossible traps in order to prove that he's no square when it comes to justice. Guide him to the center of the Circle's domain, unravel their malicious plot, and win the day fair and square.
The Adventures of Square™ is a wacky and wonderful paintball-based splat-em-up for the GZDOOM engine, by Bigbrik Games: a company of level designers, programmers and musicians whose impetuous charge is to make things blow up in fun and interesting ways! The project began as an ambitious, one-man attempt to bring to life a hidden world of paint, puns and shapes, but soon grew to become the flagship title of a small but dedicated team.
Square makes extensive use of GZDOOM's advanced features, with a unified approach to its level design, art direction and gameplay. Players can expect to find all the best elements of DOOM's fast and frenetic pace unencumbered by a sharp focus on fun, shapely layouts and free-flowing combat, and with a variety of new and familiar mechanics that build upon this brand of play. The game is made with speedrunning and multiplayer in mind, and features exclusive deathmatch (Square-Off!) maps in which to blast your buddies. It's the whole shebang, I tell ya!
Episode 1 features:
- 9 fully playable levels, fresh out of Shape Land.
- 4 exclusive deathmatch maps.
- All-new textures and artwork.
- All-new sounds and voice acting.
- All-new MIDI soundtrack.
- Arcade style Time Attack Mode (single-player mode in deathmatch levels).
- Support for Xbox controllers.
- Support for Mac users.
- Really, really awful puns. We mean it.
Episode 2 features:
- 10(?) brand-new levels, packed full of secrets and fun things.
- Low-gravity platforming and paint-splatter physics in OUTER SPACE! (Just bring your fishbowl, unless you feel like going splat.)
- Listen with the included DMXOPL for maximum nostalgia.
- Several new enemies to pick fights with.
- A new weapon with which to wreak havoc.
- More brilliant voice acting for Square's one liners and the new characters.
- Dangerously cheesy puns. You've been forewarned.
Website --> http://adventuresofsquare.com/
Follow us on Twitter --> https://twitter.com/BigBrikGames
Find us on Facebook --> https://www.facebook.com/theadventuresofsquare
|Tags||Action-Adventure, Colorful, fps-platformer, MIDI, Pixel Art|
- "Adventures of Square" v2.1 released - A Long Overdue UpdateJun 23, 2019
- Mapper's Development Kit ready!Jun 17, 2018